A coworker recently switched from Firefox to Google Chrome. I made several suggestions for the first extensions that she should install. Here they are in no particular order:
- Trash Can-Remembers and lets you reopen previously closed tabs. Nice if click the close button one too many times.
- Forecastfox Weather-View current conditions, 7-day forecast, maps and severe weather alerts in an easily readable format. No need to install an extra program in the taskbar.
- Google Mail Checker-Displays the number of unread messages in your Google Mail inbox. You can also click the button to open your inbox.
- Chrome Gestures-Very fast way to navigate and control your browser.
- FlashBlock-Stops Flash from playing by default. Block them all, or be selective with the embedded whitelist manager. Very at keeping embedded media players from starting automatically.
- IE Tab-Display web pages using IE in a tab. One less button to press to get a new browser when one of Chrome’s quirks pops up.
Hope you find them useful!